Enjoy this Super Easy Atlantic Cod with Garlic-Herb Butter. Only takes 5 – 10 minutes cooking time. Who said eating healthy is boring?
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ t. garlic, finely minced
- 1 t. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 t. fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ t. sea salt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 4-oz. Atlantic cod fillets
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Prepare the garlic-herb butter by combining all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until the garlic, herbs, and salt are evenly distributed throughout the softened butter.
- Transfer the butter mixture to the center of a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap tightly and place inside the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to become firm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat cod filets dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add filets to hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they become golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and carefully flip each fillet. Top each filet with an equal amount of herb butter and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. While cooking, spoon the herb butter back over the filets as it melts.
- Remove from heat and transfer fillets to individual serving plates. Drizzle with melted herb butter and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately with some oven-roasted asparagus tossed with remaining herb butter from skillet or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: *
Carbs/Serving: Total Carbs: 0.43g Fiber: 0.1g Net Carbs: 0.33g
Calorie Breakdown: Protein: 43% Fat: 56% Carbohydrates: 1%
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.